Chemistik PU-60 has been specially developed from the very latest polyurethane technology and is designed to provide long term protection. It is supplied in two parts comprising resin and hardener. It is ideally suited for new and remedial work and for substrates like concrete, cementitious surfaces, asbestos, GI sheets, M.S. and all metals. PU-60 is available in off white and some selected colours.
- Flat roofs : Is ideal for flat roofs where ponding of water may occur.
- Flexibility: It is highly flexible and can easily withstand normal expansion/contraction of surfaces.
- Seamless: It has no joints or laps which are often the cause of failure with sheet and built up waterproofing systems.
- Durable: Latest polyurethane technology provides excellent abrasion resistance and weathering hydrolysis.
- Adhesion: Excellent adhesion to almost all surfaces – concrete, metal etc.
- Easy application: Being two component, it is supplied in pre-weighted containers, and is easy to mix and use and requires relatively simple training and semi-skilled labour to apply.
Suitable for all types of new and maintenance works. It is highly suited for waterproofing of flat and sloping roofs. It can also be used to waterproof concrete cementitous surfaces, asbestos and corrugated GI sheets, inverted roofing systems, dome type structures, chimneys, precast slabs and blocks, valley gutters etc. It also has varied applications in water retaining structures, sewage tanks and molasses tanks. It can also be used as an anti corrosive coating for all kinds of metal structures.
- Clean all foreign matter such as dirt, dust, grease, laitence, mortar dropping, loose and flaking materials. Moss and fungus must be removed using suitable fungicide solution or bleach or dilute HCLsolution, thereafter wash thoroughly.
- Necessary repairs of defects must be carried out prior to coating like crazed, unstable or hollow surfaces, major cracks, any protrusions, outlets, construction joints etc. For cracks and joints, use our PU sealant.
- All surfaces to be treated must be properly prepared, sound clean, dry and fully cured and ready. New concrete to be cured thoroughly for 28 days prior to coating.
- For coating on metals, please consult our engineers for preparation of surface and suitable” primer to be applied.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- No primer required unless otherwise recommended for areas which cannot be prepared.
- Mix thoroughly the Resin and Hardener as supplied before use. Improper mixing will result in systems failure.
- Due to limited pot life of 6-8 hours, mix enough quantities that can be used within that period.
- PU-60 can be applied by brush or roller or airless spraying equipment.
- Apply first coat on prepared surface. Apply second coat within 6-8 hours at right angle to the first coat.
- Intercoating interval should not be more than 8 hours.
- Finishing PU-60 should simultaneously be applied to all openings, protrusions, outlets, parapet walls, copings, gutter valleys and expansion joints, forming a good seamless watertight finish.
- Treated surface should be allowed to cure for minimum 72 hours.
CLEANING OF TOOLS
All tools, equipments, hands can be cleaned with solvents like Xylene, Toluene etc.
- Use mixed material within 6-8 hrs.
- Work in well ventilated areas and do not smoke during application and away from open flames, lights etc.
- Ambient temperatures shall not be below 5° C and more than 45° C.
- Avoid working during afternoons when temperature is maximum.
- Do not apply during inclement weather or when rain appears imminent.
Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
1, 4, 20 litres.
ARGUS PU – 60 POLYURETHANE WATERPROOF COATING
|Mixing Time||4 : 1 By Volume|
|Pot Life @ 30°C||6 to 8 hours|
|Drying Time @ 30°C Surface Dry||1 to 2 hours|
|Hard Dry||6 to 8 hours|
|Dry Film Thickness Brush||50-60 Microns|
|Coverage Non-Porous||80-90 sq.ft./ltr./coat-brush|
|Film Property||Flexible, Tough & Durable|
|Chemical Resistance||Resistant to Water, Dilute Acids, Alkalies, Salts, Kerosene, Alcohol|
|Cold Resistance||Sub Zero Temperature|
|Heat Resistance||Upto 100°C – 120°C|