Chemistik EP ZC-300 is a two-component, zinc rich epoxy primer which imparts cathodic protection to base metal and also prevents underfilm creeping corrosion. It has good resistance to gas cutting and welding. The primer is supplied in two packs – fine zinc dust mixed with epoxy resin as base and liquid hardener as curing agent. They are to be mixed in the ratio or as supplied.
- Good adhesion and flexibility.
- Resistance to humidity under condition of condensation.
- Resistance to immersion in sea water and under cathodic protection.
- Resistance to welding and gas cutting.
Can be used as a long life primer on surfaces subjected to moderately to severely corrosive marine and industrial environment eg. Sluice gates, crest gates, floating roofs or tanks, structural steel in docks, refineries, building and other industries, structural equipments like cranes etc. of chemical handling units, bridges and jetties.
The surface should be free from loose particles of paint, dust, dirt, rust, grease etc. Steel surfaces should preferably be sand blasted. Use only where application and curing can proceed at a temperature above 10° C. Apply only on dry and clean surface with a temperature above dew point to avoid condensation. In confined spaces provide adequate ventilation during application and drying.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Chemistik EP ZC-300 is supplied in two packs. Stir the individual component and mix them in specified proportion as given. Take only enough primer for the job in hand at a time, since any primer left over will be wasted.
- Stir the primer thoroughly before use as these are heavily pigmented primers. Continuous stirring by mechanical stirrer during application is a must.
- If the primer requires thinning or for cleaning the painting/spraying tools, use EP THIN-200. Spraying should be done with 25% overlapping of earlier primed surface to get the best results.
- All the equipments should be cleaned thoroughly and immediately after use. Do not allow the paint to cake hard as this will damage the equipment.
- Do not apply on smooth surface. Best results are obtained on shot or sand blasted surface free from rust, dust and dirt.
- Drying time indication depends upon the ventilation and plate temperature.
CLEANING OF TOOLS
Clean hands, tools etc. with EP THIN: 200.
Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
Avoid inhalation of solvent vapour or paint mist and contact of contents of liquid paint with skin and eyes. Provide face ventilation when working with solvent borne coatings in confined spaces or stagnant air. Provide respiratory, skin and eye protection. Do not smoke in the area and away from open flames, lights etc.