PRODUCT DESCRIPTION Chemistik CW-100 is a two-component polymer modified flexible coating. This product may be trowel brush or spray applied to provide a flexible, waterproof barrier. Chemistik CW-100 may be used where there is a requirement to exclude water from a building or retain it within a structure. The material is particularly effective where there is a requirement for a crack bridging capability, and on cementitious surfaces. ADVANTAGES
- Withstands high hydrostatic pressures.
- High bond strength to concrete and masonry.
- The coating provides effective anti-carbonation over equivalent to many times its thickness in concrete.
- Excellent crack bridging capabilities even after long periods of immersion.
- Can be applied to green or damp concrete.
- High DFT Thickness per coat.
- Resistant to Petrol and Diesel.
- Resistant ot Mild inorganic acids.
- Excellent for negative side waterproofing.
- Excellent weathering resistance.
- Tanks in Fisheries.
- Portable water containers, tanks, reservoirs and spray ponds.
- Swimming pools and silos, sumps.
- Waterproofing planter boxes.
- Waterproofing of slabs in new and existing buildings.
- Reinstatement of tie-bar holes.
- Foundation protection.
- Protection against brackish water.
- Coating seawater channels.
- Car Parking Ramps, Podiums etc.
- Protection to concrete sewage pipes.
- The substrate must be clean and firm and completely free from contaminants including grease, oils etc. Any repairs should be carried out using Chemistik cementitious repair mortar.
- The product cannot be mixed by hand. The liquid should be poured into a 25 ltr. plastic or metal drum. The powder is added slowly whilst mixing with a spiral paddle attachment on a slow speed electric drill. Mixing should continue until the product is lump free and for a minimum of 5 minutes.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- The prepared substrate should be dampened using a fine water spray. Care should be taken with porous substrates as more extensive pre-soaking will be required. Any free water on the surface should be removed immediately prior to applying Chemistik CW-100.
- While the substrate is damp but free from standing water, apply the mixed product by medium hard short bristle brush, towel or roller checking that the first coat is at a minimum wet film thickness of no more than 1.5 mm and no less than 0.5 mm. The product should always be finished in one direction.
- The second coat should be applied as soon as the first coat is set hard, normally after a minimum of 3 hours @ 30°C and longer at lower temperatures.
- This second coat should again be finished in one direction (normally at 90° to the first coat). The total thickness should be 1-2 mm on wall and 1-3 mm on floors depending on the anticipated water pressure. As a general rule the coating thickness should be 1.5 mm on walls and 2 mm on floors upto 3 meter hydrostatic head. For deeper structures the wall coating thickness should be increased to 2 mm and for floors to 3 mm.
CLEANING OF TOOLS Tools and equipment should be cleaned immediately using water, as on hardening, the material can only be removed mechanically. STORAGE Store in cool dry place away from direct sunlight. PRECAUTION
- Chemistik CW-100 contains alkalis and protection should be provided to prevent contact with skin and eyes.
- Inhalation of dust must be avoided whilst mixing. Gloves, goggles and a dust mask must be worn.
- Avoid splitting the pack.
- Do not apply when temperature is below 5°C or when rain seems imminent.
PACKING 20 kgs. Pack Chemistik CW-100
|Appearence||Liquid : White
Powder : Grey
|Mixing Ration||Powder : 8 Parts
Liquid : 10 Parts
|Pot Life@30°C||30 – 40 Mins|
|Drying Time @ 30 °C
|Hard Dry||8 to 10 hours|
|Recommended Coats||2 – 3 Coats|
|14 – 15 sq ft/kg/coat|
|Film Thickness (DFT)||250 – 300 Microns per coat|
|Film Property||Flexible & tough|
|Tensile Strength||60 N/mm2|